Dec 16, 2012

How did it get to be Christmas already???



Now they say it is a sign of getting on in years, 
when one feels Christmas comes up faster and faster each time. 
But honestly, this year it feels like somebody has been tinkering with the clocks, 
because everybody seems to be caught in a whirl of wonder as to the speed of the season.

I feel exactly like this maniacal driver,
scuttling on two wheels,
with all the toys hanging on for dear life,
as she dashes off to sort out the Christmas shopping. 
Have bought lots of gorgeous books so far,
always my favourite presents to give and recieve,
and at least The Tree is decorated and twinkling.
But I do so adore this glorious season,
with so many excuses for catching up with friends to share a glass or 2 of bubbles,
that it would be very nice if that naughty clock-tinkerer could just slow down time.
Just a little. Just for December.

Would that be good or bad, do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Oh so true! I would appreciate a few more days at the very least!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Please slow down the pace a little! Love giving and receiving books for christmas. The one thing I abhor is the joke gift. Thankfully no one in our family does this... it just equals landfill in my book (no pun intended!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than happy for time to slow down! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel@Georgica Pond17/12/12 9:58 AM

    For the first time I'm pretty organised, and done almost all my Christmas shopping. I started early knowing it would be manic when the kids finished school. SO just have some food shopping to do last minute. I'm enjoying it this year for the first time in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be great to enjoy the season abit more. I love the christmas catch ups with friends and family too.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am good with time every Chirstmas except for the dreaded "get the parcel in the mail" and then I would love to be able to mess with the calendar but once they are gone I relax and enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christmas and i agree with you, the clock should slow down.
    Have a nice day, Virginia.
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...