Sep 7, 2012

Floral Fantasy :: on the student runway at Melbourne Spring Fashion Week


My very favourite bit of the melbourne spring fashion week
is the student showing.
These are the clever fashion design students at RMIT,
who are busily completing their 4th year.
(They are also the people who compete in the floral fashion event
at the Garden Festival.)



And amongst the many wonderful outfits which sauntered down the catwalk last night, 
it was these floral inspired whimsical numbers 
which  grabbed my attention.
They are by Lauren Slaviero,
and I rather suspect we will be seeing a bit more of her work.
No doubt she will be snapped up by somebody with a fine eye.
How wonderful are the blue trimmed shoes in the lower right?
Gorgeous!!

The white-caped jump-suit by Natasha Hancock is dreamily elegant,
and the black and orange gown by Anastasia McNamara is also a standout. 
I would wear both outfits in a flash,
but Lauren's floral puff creations would look fantastic on someone younger than I. 

It's always so encouraging to see the fresh ideas 
of young minds. 

all images via style melbourne

4 comments:

  1. Great photos. I have never really been into fashion as a whole (clearly - judging by my wardrobe) but I watched the recent series of Project Runway Allstars (US version) and found myself looking forward to it every week. I think it was watching the whole design process from the original brief to end creation that I enjoyed. I found it quite inspiring! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the designs - so very Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the designs - so very Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH I love the first green dress - so cool (not that I'd wear it mind:))
    Think it is so random to think that we are now rapidly approaching Autumn and you are enjoying Spring:)
    Happy week Virginia
    Axx

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...