Jul 7, 2012

Would you Like to Live Here? :: Contemporary Style in the City with a Pool


Milking every centimetre of a triangular shaped block can create 
surprisingly good architecture.
Sometimes, the tougher the site, the more interesting the result, I think.
So on this little block, of triangular shape, 
Catt Architects have managed to squeeze a lot of personality 
into a little space.



The house runs to the front boundary in parts,
with a series of setbacks to create a little garden 
and more aesthetic interest from the street. 
The striking folded-seam copper cladding to the centre box structure 
will change in colour over time. 


The cleverness of the design has been captured in the 
wildly popular book "Houses for Small Spaces".
I like the indented plan, 
creating spaces which look cosy,
despite being open plan in nature.


It's the style of architecture which can easily take a multitude 
of different furnishing styles - from antique to contemporary,
minimalist white to eclectic tribal patterns.

 Inner city living, but with its own pool. And all on that tiny block.
Proving that big isn't necessarily better. 

Would you like to live here?

property location :: 11 richardson st albert park melbourne
catt architects :: bachelor pad
agents and images :: rt edgar


11 comments:

  1. Virginia, that pool is absolutely stunning!!
    This week I posted about a house in Itaipava - your pool reminds me the one in Itaipava-s house.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting project. I loved seeing how they transitioned flooring materials from the kitchen floor to the wood. Obviously, every detail was purposeful and well thought out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This house is insane! I love it! All of these fun little corners to be in. Imagine sitting on that bench above the pool and reading? Zenitude! Not to mention I would be in awesome shape because with a pool in your living room, how can you NOT swim everyday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty amazing. I may change my mind once I have a child, but this space is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it very much, Virginia! At last I've seen my dream house. Everything is in a perfect balance as is. There's no feeling of "something wrong" or house is better than furnishing which down plays it...etc. as often the case. The multitude of possibilities "clicks", but it's already so me as it is, unbelievable...
    Heather is right: insane, ah...
    My dad is a retired architect and I always e-mail him links of extraordinary finds. This one certainly goes. Thank you.
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pool area! What can be fitted onto a block and into a house these days. Almost no need to leave home, with the pool, media room, coffee machine, etc!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. in a heart beat!!!!

    love u xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. in a heart beat!!!

    luv u xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it - the perfect bachelor/bachelorette pad :) The pool is just too cool.
    Have a great day Virginia,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I WOULD!!! WOW!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...