Jul 16, 2012

The Glamour of Glomesh Handbags :: oh, they're back!!


A glittery Glomesh handbag is a much-covetted handbag
in many an Aussie girl's vintage wardrobe.
(Um, I have to confess to having a few of them.)
They added a glittery jolt of glamour on the arms of many stylish Australian women from the 1950s - to the 1980s.

But after decades of being consigned to the dusty shelves 
of the vintage shops,
the Glomesh brand has come back to life.
Ye Gods! How come I didn't know about this before now?

The new ones are much bigger - with a more contemporary tote shape.
But they still have the traditional glittery, metallic mesh glamour.
Aren't they gorgeous?

images & details :: glomesh

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, oh dear!! In my BTB post I had an Oroton ad that I thought might date me...perhaps it doesn't after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink glomesh! Now there's a statement.
    I used to love the feel of glomesh, but don't own any and I'm not likely to have one of these. A bit exxy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum had this fab gold glomesh bag - I loved it - so glam!

    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, we girls like our glamour but $695?! Thank goodness for vintage!

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...