Jun 8, 2012

Calcutta marble & tangerine tones by the Botanic Gardens :: would you like to live here?


A house of eclectic charm,
to say the very least,
nestled opposite the Royal Botanic Gardens,
with views of trees and of verdant lushness,
and filled with exotic marbles, high ceilings & generous windows.
Sound appealing?



And there's a pool, of course.


The finishes are definitely straying into the "glamour" list,
with these clear glass mosaic tiles in the bathroom.


But I think it may just be the bar which is my favourite bit.
Imagine the cocktails one could whip up,
with a bar that size?


The house itself is very neutral,
although the current furniture is anything but.
Meaning, the new owner can do pretty much whatever they wish.


And if one ever tired of life inside,
it is but a stroll across the road to the beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens...


...to the lilly pond, 
with a picnic basket in hand.


Or one could simply have an indoor picnic, instead.


In a leafy suburb,
next to the river,
a bicycle ride to the city
and lots of boutiques, gallleries & restaurants just outside one's door,
this may well be a rather charming place to live.

Would you love to live here?

property location :: 36 anderson st south yarra melbourne
house images & agents 
painting :: rupert bunny, 1932, the lilly pond, royal botanic gardens melbourne. 

6 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful home, I don't mind living here at all but I will probably change the furniture because it's not my style! Love the kitchen and the indoor pool though!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hall way had me at HELLO - love it - :)
    Hope this weekend is fab for you and yours Virginia,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Virginia:
    A little bit too 'show home' for our taste which veers far more towards the 'shabby chic' or English country house style. All of that said, the quality of everything looks to be exceptional and we do love the painting of the pond with the figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the Hattatts say no, then by all means I follow their fine example. That little beach shack for me then.

      Delete
  4. A lovely home in a lovely area!
    Am also loving those clear glass mosaics ... and I'm picturing you .. cocktail in hand, lounging by that fabulous indoor pool. It's so rare to see indoor pools in Australia, but I guess Melbourne's weather is so unpredictable!
    Have a fab weekend Virginia ...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Virginia,
    Thank you so much for popping over to my blog and saying hi - I love meeting other designers and seeing their beautiful work. It sounds like you and I are soul sisters... I've just finished baking choc chip cookies and I'm about to start working on a bathroom design! I just adore the images above, particularly the last one looking over the pool - totally divine!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...