May 7, 2012

DIY :: hatstand from branches :: now that was easy!

Always on the lookout for new ways to store
my ever-increasing collection of hats,
so when a storm brought down some branches 
in the garden last week,
I thought...hmmm...this could be useful.
After sawing the bases level,
propping them together in a tripod shape,
securing them with screws & binding the joins with string,
the new hatstand was ready.
A very useful addition to the front entry.

And confusing poor Rumbah no end.
What's this? A tree with strange flowers?
Oh yes, it's a hat tree.
(I suspect Dr Seuss would approve...)

images :: blue fruit

6 comments:

  1. Very clever and sculptural! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and I agree with Carla - sculptural.
    I used to wear hats all the time - now not so much - you made me reevaluate :)
    Happy week to you Virginia,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to hear it Anya! Hats are fabulous - and such fun to wear.

      Delete
  3. Very inventive and trendy Virginia. I have been noticing twigs and branches in interiors a lot lately. Looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleverrr! Now all I need to do is buy more hats! Yay!
    I agree with you on the word verification.. very unclear to read the words.
    Thanks for your feedback! :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this hatstand, love everything made with branches.
    Congratulations, it's perfect, you're very creative.
    Have a great week.
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...