Feb 22, 2012

Baking :: Rose Petal Cheesecake...

 Having an abundance of fresh roses in the garden
made me wonder what the sweet petals would taste like 
in a cheesecake.
So last night, I experimented.
And this is the result. 
Smooth from cream cheese, slightly tangy from ricotta.
Scented with vanilla & rose,
scattered with fresh rose petals,
it's the most heavenly~luscious cheesecake I have ever made.

And it's super simple to make.
(You could use sugared rose petals if the fresh ones 
are not in season.) 

 So easy & quick to make ~ yet a real taste of luxury.
Do try it! 

images & recipe :: blue fruit 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my word...that looks so lovely...mmm! One of the prettiest cheesecakes ever! XO brynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brynn! And honestly, it's one of the best combinations of flavours I have ever tried!

      Delete
  2. Virginia this looks amazing...I really want a slice right now...mmmm...I will definitely try it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Virginia - delish:) I have never made cheesecake - not really a danish type of dessert - but when I moved to London and tried it (reluctantly as I was no fan of cheese back then and thought it would be a strong flavored cheese mixed with sweet stuff - yuk!!) I was pleasantly surprised though as it was divine.
    This one looks amazing, wow.
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmmm ....

    Stunning photos and I love the crockery Virginia!
    One to put in my recipe book ... thanks for sharing such a yummy post.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great recipe!! So easy to make. I love cheesecakes - will definitely give this one a go!
    Thanks for sharing darling.

    Have a lovely day,
    xx

    CrashingRED

    ReplyDelete
  6. Virginia, I must try this, urgently, it looks really delicious.
    And it très chic.
    Xo
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yam my and SO beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very decadent! a great Mothers Day cake too.
    Sar x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I am just discovering your blog. This Rose cheesecake looks delicious and glamorous!

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...