Jan 30, 2012

Mirrors & marble: quiet elegance.

Sparkling silver mirrors, white walls, 
Carrara marble, American oak floorboards:
it's a simple formula for materials which creates a quiet ambience. 

In this house for sale at leafy Hawthorn, 
not only the materials, 
but also the colour scheme,
has been applied consistently throughout every room 
as well as the exterior.

Including a fabulous zinc roof to the carport.
(A particular favourite material of mine. 
Expensive, but unmatched for quiet elegance.)
Black, white & grey appear seamlessly
in the built elements - which allows the new owner
to inject their favourite colour through artwork & furniture. 
While it has been furnished for sale using the same colour themes,
this base could easily take a variety of different styles & colours.
 Oh - neutral everywhere that is, except the front door. 
A cheerful burst of coppery orange defines the front entry
as a welcoming touch.

Would you like to live here?

Property: 4 Melville St Hawthorn Melbourne
Agents: Fletchers

5 comments:

  1. Pretty spectacular house, love the bathrooms and kitchen particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this house; colours, materials, they all work so beautifully together.
    I missed your blog Virginia, am going to catch up right now...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the very first image I was going WOW...this is ME! Very well detailed home. I have the velvet throw seen on the end of the bed...and covet everything else!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! The bathroom is really glam with that mosaic wall and the kitchen with the lovely big picture window is a dream.
    I love timber with greys, otherwise I find them too cold.
    I'm disappointed zinc roofs are expensive, I had one planned for my (imaginary) beach shack! I better go back to colorbond!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh. I know that I am all alone on this one but this house just leaves me a bit cold! But then again it could be that I am literally cold--it is freezing here!

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...