Oct 16, 2011

At the Races: Need a Hat!

Ah, these ladies from 1965 are all a flutter at the races.
Which horse to back?
Which hat to wear?
Well, if they were to fast forward to 2011,
they could choose a hat from Paris Kyne's fab new collection,
freshly launched in time for the Spring Racing Season.
Which do you fancy?
This hat with a generous swirl of feathers in rusty red?
With a brim to hold the sunlight at bay?
Or this classic little confection in black?
There's no shadow of a doubt
that a fabulous hat makes a stunning statement at the races! 

Images: 1: Melbourne Cup 1965, Photography by David Moore.
2/3/4: Birds of Paradise collection for Spring 2011, Paris Kyne, Photography Glenda Rowe.

9 comments:

  1. I'm such a hat lover. Really enjoyed pondering these looks. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Virginia

    That first photo is you and I - we are working out how much money to back on Black Caviar.
    (We are mad racing people here)
    That's it - I need to get out my pointy horned rimmed glasses.

    have a wonderful day and I smiled so much with the photo.

    x

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS

    meant to say - love the new look - did you do that?

    x  Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Loulou, I was at a vintage fashion centre yesterday and I thought of you when I found a whole section of floral hats just like this photo! Oh and matching gloves of course! Yes, all eyes on Black Caviar. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are such fun aren't they? Glam but I also love the one with the brim because it would be a useful sun hat as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Must be the change of season, but I just felt like making it a bit more sultry! And yes, I did it. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Virginia,

    I vote for the classic little black number.  Very nice.  I am so looking forward to perusing the racing carnival fashion this year.

    Kel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. renee finberg17/10/11 4:49 AM

    you know i am so small...
    the brim would have to be tiny.
    but you can shoot me first
    before i would wear the hats ( with the smallest brims )
    in the first image.

    oh my...............how i would love to be going to the races!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. robinsonheather17/10/11 7:30 AM

    Well, sadly not the little black wonder as I fear it would interfere with my cocktail sipping capabilities. But really? Any of the others. And I have heard tell that Black Caviar is going to pull a sprint in the stretch.

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...