Aug 12, 2011

Wanted: Monotone Backgrounds to Meet Attractive Young Hues

 I'm loving the current trend for riotous bold colour. 
{Well, as an Australian, it's hard not to love bright hues.
It's in our genes.}
But there is one magic trick 
which makes bright colour really zizzle.
 
Would the orangey-red salmon
glow so alluring if it were not set off against 
dramatic black?
And would the yellow, blue & green
look so fresh if they were not surrounded by simple white?
 You can even combine black & white
 as a background, 
as it is here behind the pink cherry blossom,
to create drama instead of too much sweetness.
A white (or black) background matches
the intensity of the bright colour,
and so it balances.
Perhaps it is because there is such 
uncertainty in the world at the moment, 
 that we are turning to definite colour.
It's exudes a fabulous sense of confidence.
Maybe that's what we all need right now...
And after all, 
a brightly bold shot of colour,
balanced with lots of white or black,
is always going to make a fun statement.

Which is why they need to meet each other! 

1/10: Heather Nette King  2/4: Sarah Wood photography
6: FMD architects  7: Mihmatei photography
9/15: blue fruit flowers in a teapot
11/13: Flowers Vasette  12: Trentbell photography
14/16: house for sale in Adelaide, lost source 


13 comments:

  1. I love these images. They are so pretty especially the first image and all the flower images!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soo right - it takes one to make the other pop - loving all the colors. Us scandies are usually known to love a bit of pale and interesting - I LOVE color and lots of it. Have a sweet weekend Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree!  With the right background, all of those beautiful & radiant colors pop out for good and shine in all their glory <3 xo

    Urska 

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like this post!
    it really spoke volumes to me today.
    have a great weekend.
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. robinsonheather12/8/11 7:13 PM

    Ahh! Those drawings!  I am crazy for them! Especially the first, I'll think of it as my birthday portrait. ;)

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah@finishingtouchinteriors12/8/11 7:58 PM

    You have chosen some beautiful images. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers in the teapot are gorgeous and a wonderful idea! I might just have to try that one myself. Enjoy your weekend :)

    www.prettybypippa.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Miss Blue

    now you let the shebang till the last photo for me!  Absolutely beautiful

    love all of the photos too but that last one got me at hello

    have a lovely weekend

    x
    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came via MY PARADISSI, I love the pictures in this post! They inspire me! Kind regards from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Kira and welcome to glamour drops! Thank you for your kind comment, and I am glad you have found some inspiration in the images - that is delightful to hear. I have always wanted to visit Argentina as you have some amazing architecture and architects in your country! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. That second pic is definitely how I would serve me canapes.

    Gorgeous@486619362ecb4e025fbe36a98f2bc1db:disqus

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    absorbing optimistic rays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Pippa! It was a favourite Country Road teapot, but the lid got dropped & smashed, whereupon I couldn't bear to throw it out. So it is now used as a vase - which makes it very handy to carry around with a built-in handle! 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, there is something enchanting about the illustrations, isn't there Heather? I love the 'handwash only" one too - it can be construed SO many ways! Have a wonderful birthday. 

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...