Jul 12, 2011

Delectable Duet: Ruffles + Poppy Hues

While looking at Sarah Winward's flowers 
I was suddenly struck by the realisation 
of just how brilliantly a ruffled outline 
combines with intensely saturated poppy hues
Penelope Boyd's "wave" artworks 
capture this same feeling,
as if the colours are torn gently at the edges.
  And these glorious cushions by Xavier & Me 
are a burst of happy poppy sunshine, 
with their pinks, yellows, oranges & reds 
in ruffled silhouettes
It makes for a striking Delectable Duet,
these ruffled outlines of poppy hues. 

It's a happy effect, 
don't you think?

Flowers: Sarah Winward
Paintings: 3rd Room Studio
Cushions: Xavier & Me

11 comments:

  1. A VISUAL FEAST. GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clown poppies! I thought I was the only one who had those growing in my yard. I love them. And I love the look of the poppies on the cushions, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cushions and the flowers are amazing - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love that saturated color, with the ruffled images. The pillows are divine!


    xoxo

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cushions are beautiful! Very happy to be included here : ) Thanks Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very happy indeed! Loved everything about this post!
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and I loved the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful images! yes, a very happy effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those vibrant colours and patterns are so stunning and I'm not usually a red person. BUt I do have a soft spot for Poppies as it's my daughter's name. Very striking photos.

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...