Jul 7, 2011

Colour Trends: Pink + Orange

One of the most fun parts of my job 
is hunting for vintage & antique pieces for my clients.
And often, while I am hunting, finding quirky things.
Like this vintage pink wall telephone,
 discovered recently.
Placing a bowl of mandarins next to it this morning, 
reminded me just how 
fabulous pink & orange are as a combination.
It can be outrageously bright, 
with black and white contrasts.
Or gently uplifting, in softer marbled tones,
that glow from within.
The colours bounce off one another, 
creating a happy spark of energy,
used cleverly in this dining room by Camilla Molders.


Elegant in this Missoni Mallory top.
Rustic in this arrangement by Small Stump.
There is an inherent energy 
in this vibrant combination of colours,
captured beautifully in Sarah Winward's floral arrangements.
This colour duet can truly lift the mood of anybody 
who is lucky enough to be inspired by such a  
celebration of colour and life.

Do you like pink + orange together?

Images: 1/2: blue fruit.  3: Atlantic Pacific
4/12/13: Sarah Winward flowers  5: Armas Design
6/7: Camilla Molders  8: Photography Kate Osborne
9: Lyst  10: Small Stump  11/14: Zara people

16 comments:

  1. I have always love orange and pink together but I haven't had a chance to use them in my home. I like this color combo especially in a little girl's room or for a flower bouquet. Lovely post!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink and orange - a heavenly match! So bright and vivid and they clash to prefection! KG x

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's such a vibrant combination, it's hard not to feel happy looking at these images.

    p.s. I want your job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous images and yes, love the combination. Usually think the more vibrant the better but those flowers in the wedding bouquet are so soft and pretty. Beautiful! Annie x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Virginia:
    Now this is all very strange. Normally we should say that we loathe any combination of pink and orange but these images cast the two together in a completely different light. There is not a single picture here which we could in all honesty say we dislike. And some are totally stunning.

    Never a bad thing to have one's prejudices knocked on the head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love pink and orange together. Gorgeous shots :) Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, yes! Vibrant orange and pink go so well together

    ReplyDelete
  8. And one you would never think would look good together, but I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful - whether muted like the bridal bouquet or vibrant like the young lady with the turquoise clutch - the combination of colors throws out feelings of energy. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vibrant colors - the top in the 3rd picture is gorgeous - as is the girl in the last. Love fresh colors - feels like summer to me :O)
    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these two happy colors together!! That vintage phone is fab, I would an old phone in my office. These colors are definitely mood lifters. Great pics to go with.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realize how much I love this combo. Gorgeous photos virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely one of my most favorite color combinations — so fun! I would love that gorgeous striped top — so perfect for Summer days... lovely post!

    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is one of my favorite color combos! thanks for all the inspiration pics. :) and, congrats on being featured on desire to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kate, thanks for letting me know about desire to inspire. I didn't know I had been featured there! What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...