Jun 15, 2011

One Black Sheep: an illustrator to watch.

Recently discovered this illustrator's enchanting work.
Daniella Germain has only just graduated,
but she has already scored a book deal, 
 which she has written & illustrated. 
Her art has a charm and optimism to it.
This was work done for the Koko Black 
drawing competition. 
Just how many rabbits are there???
{Koko Black is an iconic Melbourne chocolate institution. 
Their shops are called "salons". And the chocolate is to die for.....}

A dainty rendering for her friend's lingerie shop Sauvage.
This gorgeous illustration was for Christmas cards
Daniella produced last year. 
But I think these are my favourites,
not just for the illustrations, 
but for the fact that these stamps are handmade 
by Daniella using antique doorknobs. 
She sells them through Etsy for $20 (US).
What? You're kidding? $20?
Yep, and she ships world wide too. 
You can see more of her work on her own blog.

I fancy that this very young illustrator & artist has 
a rather glorious career ahead of her. 


Etsy store: One Black Sheep

8 comments:

  1. Here illustrations are so darn cute .. and as a BIG lover of mexican food I'm going to have to get that book now too!!

    Off to her blog now for a peek (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little BUTTS on a bra are DARLING!! Love this feature, will have to check it out...I'll probably be checking out by the end of my surf :) XO, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia, she is extremely talented and I adore her whimsey!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    I have an amazing Giveaway from the Artisans at Novica. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's very talented :)
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think her work is great as well.i will jump over and check her blog out.

    sorry that i have been absent as of late.....
    i am a bit overwhelmed with my new adventure.

    thanks for being there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful illustrator...must check her site!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your visit and sweet comment on my blog. Yours is so adorable and happy as well. Hope to see you more often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove Daniella Germain artworks!!!
    I want this book too!!!

    A big hug,
    elena

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...