May 5, 2011

Lisa Ho Spring~Summer on the RAFW Runway...

Always a favourite Australian designer,
Lisa Ho presented her colourful spring~summer collection
at the Rosemount Australian Fashion Week
in the perfect setting: an art gallery.
The fabulously bright colours could have 
jumped straight from the paintings on the walls of the Art Gallery NSW.
Like this Tim Maquire painting, from the gallery's collection. 
How I love these rich, saturated but bright colours! 
Colour blocking is certainly a strong trend, 
but here it is mixed with a wild almost Moroccan influenced pattern.
This is such a glamourous outfit ~ I love it! 
The pattern in this elegant dress is elusive.
A sort of barely~there, Alice through the looking glass, 
kind of mesmerizing effect. 
The cut is utterly timeless. 
Which is one of the wonderful things about Lisa Ho. 
She has been designing classic clothes for almost 30 years. 
I have some of her earlier pieces, 
which I can still wear today, mixed with newer items. 
From the current winter range, 
these dresses are utterly stunningly feminine. 
And from the new collection, 
for summer evenings, this would be a gracious dress
for pool soirees under starlit night skies.
Summer creams & whites get the tailored treatment.
But I think this palest aqua blue dress has my heart the most.
It is a floating vision of aquatic beauty,
of shimmering pale summer~blue,
falling to the floor in lustrous folds. 
Utter perfection!

Images: 1/6/7/9/11 Vogue Australia, photography by Lucas Dawson
2/4/5/10: Harpers Bazaar

12 comments:

  1. Was going to say how much I love the (first) orange dress, but scrolling down, I also love the orange shoes, the coral dress, the charcoal dress...and agree about the aqua dress. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh luuuving Lisa Ho! All so gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite is the long blue one-shoulder dress. absolutely stunning! it looks like a modern, slightly grecian influenced cinderella ball gown!

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simone Kelly5/5/11 1:39 PM

    Hello, Simone here ( apartment on today's design files). I am open to selling the table and chairs in my apartment. If you are interested my number is 0400 463 173 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so gorgeous, but the first one I absolutely adore!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bluefruit, my darling - a big thank you for your comments on my blog and i absolutely love your intro to this new-to-me designer. that one shoulder blue gown is divine, and i love the mix of pink and orange too. ps, your link isn't working from your comments, but i was able to find you via search ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my vote goes for the jacket over cuffed shorts.
    cream on cream - great stuff!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and super wearable. Love it all! But that charcoal dress...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. much girlglee for the deep water blue platform pumps and the crocheted ocher dress. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the yellow and white blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chic Little Blog!
    I love pink & orange together too, and thanks for letting me know about the troublesome link. All fixed now.
    Cheerio, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love EVERY outfit. Thank you for sharing a designer that I had no knowledge of before. Have a great weekend...k

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...