May 19, 2011

The Glamour of the Feminine...

Utterly enchanted by the feminine twirls,
opulent fabrics & effortless glamour 
that is Mrs Press.
Clare Press is the designer 
behind this Sydney label, 
known for vintage~inspired 
decadent feminine dresses & gorgeous lingerie.
Formerly the Features Director at Vogue Australia,
Clare {above} was trained as a journalist 
& studied politics. 
An intriguing combination?
Yes ~ and with all those different chapters
of life completed, she felt it was time 
to write a new chapter featuring her love 
of vintage fashion.
So Mrs Press was born... 
which soon led to a larger boutique,
in Sydney's Paddington. 
In her own words...
Clare loves a good vintage 
(that would be wine and women of substance, as well as clothes). 
She loves 1930s silk chemises, French knickers, 
fragile kimonos, champagne breakfasts and ancient lace. 
She loves books and words, and 50s fashion illustrations, and marzipan.
She loves scents and sensibility, and dressing tables covered in little glass bottles.
And a good chic sleep. Oh, and she loves Mr. Press, of course..

Her Pineapple Princess collection,
for Summer 2011/12, 
{at the recent RAFW} 
was a celebration of frivolity & femininity.
Ok, by now you get that I am 
pretty smitten with Mrs Press
So, when I spotted a competition to win 
a Mrs Press dressing table set 
on the fabulous Young Sophisticates blog, 
well, you just know I had to enter! 
And lucky me, I won! Yikes
Have you come across this 
gorgeous Young Sophisticates blog yet?
Intended for "women who are chic, stylish & sophisticated"
what's not to love about that?
This is a random collection of images & titles from it.
Y.S. is snappy & fresh, which I love,
and has become one of my daily visits. 
I couldn't wait till my little parcel would arrive... 
and yesterday it did, all wrapped up in
mysterious black.
And inside, the most beautiful box,
with a heavenly scent wafting from it's loveliness...
would it be musk & cinnamon & gardenias?
I could have stopped just there.
But then again...
I couldn't resist, and opened up such 
a sumptuous package
to reveal these delights.

There was hand creamshower gel, soap,
scented candle and even a satin eye mask for the 
ultimate in feminine decadence!

Everything is made in Australia & paraben free.
And not tested on animals.
{Something I am passionate about!
Honestly, this drives my family nuts.
They say it takes twice as long 
to do the shopping, checking all labels 
to make sure goodies are ethical.
Well, why not, I say ~ we have a choice,
better make it a wise one.}

How charming are these boxes and the labelling?
They are designed by Bethany Linz for Mrs Press. 
And did I mention the scent??? Heady, dreamy.
And now, sitting beside me on my desk, 
and keeping me in a trance of delight 
from the alluring aroma,
is the Warm Spice soy wax candle.
{Oh yes, that is a new little lamp, too, 
which I found last week while sourcing antiques
for a client. It's from the 1930s, and made in Italy.
Such a perfect backdrop for this lovely candle!} 

Go check out Young Sophisticates 
& then drool over the Mrs Press collection here
You can buy online, or from selected retailers.

Oh, and Clare writes a hilarious blog too!

Images: 1/3/7: mrs press; 10: graphic by blue fruit from images on young sophisticates;
5/6:  little black book; 2/4/8/9: photography by boy moments
all other images blue fruit.

11 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I just wanted to say thanks so much for your encouragement on my blog! Simply commenting is kind enough but your words are generous and make me feel a little love from blog land, it can be a lonely place ;)

    thanks again

    xo

    p.s those frocks are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, lucky you! That candle sitting next to your (fab new) lamp looks so lovely as it gets dark here on a cool evening. Oh, and if that orange dress in the first pic falls your way, can I please borrow? A x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fashion posts and this is just gorgeous...love it! not to mention your parcel...oh, you lucky girl! Enjoy :))
    And yes I love the lamp too.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, look at those gorgeous dresses! I'm off to check out her collection...

    ReplyDelete
  5. you WON.
    you WON.
    how darn exciting.
    and I too love that orange dress .. or the pink/black dotty one.
    must go check out clare's blog.

    well done lovely (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! So very exciting! Thanks for sharing, I'm loving Mrs Press! And I'm off to check this great blog! xo anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would wear all of it in a heart beat! Love it and congrats on your win. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post you've prepared! This made me feel even more feminine... made me feel like embracing it. :-)

    Have a wonderful day,

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How completely lovely! I did not expect this delightful result when I posted out your gift!! So very pleased you love the fragrance, and are spreading the Mrs Press word. THANK YOU XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Blue Fruit, thank you so much for visiting me and leaving such a lovely comment. I clicked over to see you and am very impressed with your blog, I'm following. And, I love Mrs. Press!! xx's

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...