Apr 11, 2011

When a sea view makes you go "ahhh"...

There is just something 
elusively beautiful about a sea view. 
Hard to find words to describe 
the emotions conjured up from a scene this lovely.
This is Mt Eliza, the suburb of Melbourne where I live.
"Four Pines" is something super special,
and is currently for sale. 
Beach front access, 
overlooking a gorgeous bay, 
and a quietness which instills serenity.
This is the night time view from the garden,
looking across the bay to the 
CBD of Melbourne.
And this is the day time temptation:
the intriguing named "Canadian Bay Beach",
snuggled at the bottom of the garden.
{It was named that in the mid 19th century, 
by some home~sick Canadian timber cutters.}
We go walking here on weekends, 
while my son kyaks in the bay.
It's a pretty little house, 
but it is that view which makes me excited. 
Imagine a summer picnic on these lawns.
And even in the midst of a winter storm, 
those picture windows would create 
a connection with the sea spirit.
Timber gates, stone gate posts.
Hmmm, what's not to love about this,
as a "welcome home" vista?
It has a country~beachy feel.

I could happily live here,
how about you?  


Images & agents details: Aqua Real Estate
property location 15 Freemans Rd Mt Eliza Victoria

18 comments:

  1. Looks like I should have started saving a ways back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Gasp* I'm in love. Mt Eliza is not too far from where I live right now, this is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD MORNING ( at least from the Northern hemisphere!) THANK YOU for these lovely photos of the beach; I have the coast on my mind right now, as you could see from my BIRTHDAY BEACH BASH post! Living in the MIDWEST, the center of the U.S., we have lots of lakes, but nothing beats the sea. A magnificent property, indeed! Have a marvelous day, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I would love to live like this :)
    Thank you for wonderful inspiration.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning images..i could very happily live there..well who wouldn't!!
    thankyou for you very sweet comment today..It is always lovely to hear from you..happy monday! xx meenal

    ReplyDelete
  6. so serene and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...and what vividly colored photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Virginia, I would be happy forever with a home and view in this spot!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've loved this house via the front gate for many years !!
    So great to find a local blogger.
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this house is lovely, you show great finds here. The views and that gate are fabulous.
    Kisses from Brasil
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is what I call the Garden of Eden, if it is nice to see its through the screen, as it should be seeing from right there ... awesome!

    Virginia have a lovely day,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is really spectacular! The sky is breathtaking...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it cheesy for me to say YOU'RE SO COOL?! So Australia and these property pictures. I long to live by the water. I am 2 hours from the ocean....2 hours too far! XO, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful..the view and the house both!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful place!
    bonne journée!
    sophie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, great post. You have a lovely blog.

    I'm your newest follower.

    xoDale
    I have a fashion blog here in California
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...