Apr 29, 2011

Golden Leaves in My Hallway...

In the midst of the most glorious Indian Summer
in Melbourne at the moment.
With golden, sunshiny days and crisp, clear star-filled nights, 
the leaves in the garden have started to turn for autumn.
So I couldn't resist bringing in branches
of this Liquid Amber tree, 
to enjoy the pretty colours in my hallway.
The seed pod, which fell from 
one of the palms
by the pool, 
is filled with little seeds from a 
New Zealand Christmas Bush
{Metrosideros}.
So it's a bit of an international botanical feast 
going on here! 
When my daughter saw this, she said,
"Are you trying to tell us summer is over?"
Well one season ends, another begins. 
I love them all! 
Whatever the weather is wherever you are, 
I hope it is a perfectly pretty weekend! 

All images taken by blue fruit

6 comments:

  1. Such a great thought and so great to see this interior photographic collection here.
    dean graziosi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the arrangement you've created to mark the changing of the seasons. It is lovely. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn, my favorite season. I am glad to know that it is Fall somewhere! And what a lovely display of it you have made.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, such pretty colours! We're just wrapping up winter so I can't wait for more colours to pop up! The golds of fall are just so pretty though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful colours! I am always amazed at our differences in seasons! You're about to embrace autumn and soon, we'll be embracing summer:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We really are in opposite worlds!!! Anxiously awaiting the buds and blooms to burst into all their spring glory here. But anytime of year,,,,is there anything better than bringing some flowering or leafy branches inside - your arrangements look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...