Apr 28, 2011

Delectable Duet: Texture and Detail

Have always loved contrasts of 
textures, whether in clothes or interiors,
where a wispy little edge of texture
can add just the perfect detail.
The Madame Rose collection,
by the young Pamela Usanto label,
plays with contrasts of fabric textures,
in delicate little details like lacy cuffs edging
chunky heavy silk
It's a contrast of rough and smooth: 
of dense fabric with delicate edges,
of pink suede heels with smooth floral satin,
of glossy dark timber veneer with matt white walls,
of coarse linen curtains with a silk brocade chaise,
which create this 
Delectable Duet 
of Texture and Detail. 

Images: Fashion Pamela Usanto, Melbourne, 2011 Madame Rose collection
Interiors: house sold recently at Victoria Street, Albert Park, Melbourne, 

11 comments:

  1. Great post, all of these photos are beautiful. I love the Romantic style.

    xoDale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My ..That beaded Chandelier is Divine!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today...and Yes...have to agree with the ubiquitous cringe- worthy animal heads..not a fan...but everything else...BLISS!
    hope you are having a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Those chandeliers speak of elegance! Enjoy the glorious day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Such lovely images. And I'm really like those black pants - they are so cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. the chandie really does it for me!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning post - I love it. A
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. very thoughtful post, thanks! would love to wear those black pants and shoes...and the necklace w/shirt, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the white porcelain chandlier!

    Its so funny that you told about your embarraced kids becauce thats how my daughter reacted. She first tried to descretly stop me from taking the furniture and chairs, but ended up running down the street looking for a place to hide!

    Its so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so so so beautiful she look just simply gorgeous. So stunning photography here I had seen.
    dean graziosi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great commentary. This is an integral part of the way I design spaces but I've never put into words before nor compared texture with fashion in this way. I'm not a fan of 'decorating' or dressing with lots of patterned fabrics,,,,I find the composition and contrast of texture is more interesting, more effective and timeless. I am in LOVE with the dress and shoes in the last photo - to die for!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...