Feb 21, 2011

A new home for the Jetsons...

When I lived in London, 
a favourite walk on Saturdays
was through beautiful Holland Park,
to feed the squirrels & let the 
children have a riotous good time 
in the amazing playground.
And on the surrounding streets, 
there were some fabulous properties. 
This extraordinary one, 
at Lansdowne Crescent, Notting Hill,
is currently for sale. 
Designed by the London architecture firm
Richard Hywel Evans,
and built a few years ago, 
this is a space~age inspired penthouse. 
The Jetson family would love it!
Hmm... the rounded glass matches the windows...
The penthouse has actually been built on top of
2 adjoining {1930s} apartment blocks, 
and is joined by a double storey glass bridge.
Which looks amazing at night. 
Even the entrance is dramatic, 
although MUCH more subtle than the apartment.
The stainless steel frame becomes a 
strong visual element internally. 
There is much to adore about this home:
the curvaceous lines, the fabulous light.
I also love the glossy floors, 
which are seamless epoxy,
sprinkled with bronze dust during the drying process.

What do you think?
Could you imagine living here?

Images from Property agents: Pereds
Image 8: Bjarte Rettedal photographer

9 comments:

  1. This is outta sight! I just love it. I love anything different and pushing the envelope of what is "norm" :) This home is an amazing playground and the entrance is awesome. As long as those floors aren't as slippery as they look, I am good to go with moving in!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks beautiful at night, amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there! thanks for lovely comment! i just came across your blog and i fell in love with it! i love your style!!! come check out my blog and follow if you like it, i promise i will do the same!
    www.fullclosetbutnothingtowear.blogspot.com
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. How luxurious, I love the windows and the glossy floor! Beautiful review. Thanks for sharing :-)

    Happy Monday, cheers: Evi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the space but have such mixed feelings with living there. Had you asked me 'pre-kids' I would have said 'yes' right away.. Now I am not so sure.

    I love the sleekness, the light and the open dynamics of the space but it feels a little cold and perhaps a tad too much like a 'bachelor pad'..

    That said, Notting Hill is one of my fave areas in London. I too lived there (St. Stephens Gardens) and Holland Park is just divine. Sigh.
    Missing London very much (I lived there for 8 years).

    xx Charlotta

    P.S. Thanks for your comment today. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It´s really one of a kind! I can imagine laying in bed looking out of those grande windows. But, would I also feel too exposed by them?
    Great place anyway and truly shows off in a brilliant way what can come true when architecture and great design goes hand in hand!
    Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous penthouse, look at the view, wow!!
    Congratulations on this post, it's fabulous.
    Hugs
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is unreal....looks like the Jetsons have indeed moved in! Wow....amazing. Glad I found your lovely blog, fairly new to blogworld and having a ball!
    Please visit me at mine started it about the building of our new home and my love for decor/design, hope you will stop by!
    www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one place that definitely deserves a WOW!

    I just love it - and can't you see my John in there??

    put that as a goal - the Holland House Holiday Home perhaps!! (sigh)

    thanks for sharing this, great for daydreaming ... xx

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...