Jan 20, 2011

Lavender grey

Days of sunshine and the buzzing of bees...
it must be the height of summer 
and the lavender season....


At the charming Lavendula Farm
{near Daylesford, Victoria}
the scent of lavender is intoxicating. 
Oh, such a rich, all-enveloping delicious aroma!

But as I wandered around this feast 
for the senses, I was reminded 
just how lovely this colour can be.


Offset with a little grey
and perhaps a dash of green, 
it really is an elegant colour, 
don't you think?  

 Images at Lavandula Farm, Daylesford, by blue fruit. 
Other images: 1950s dress via myvintagevogue; handbag by Kate Spade; purple Chanel silk dress, runway collection 2010; mini pavlova with lavender cream via Sur la table; purple teacup from Everything Stops for Tea; via tumblr; lavender and mint soap by Inner Earth Soaps; Jasper Conran carryalls for Tripp Luggage; ring by Harry Winston; lavender grey dress: image by Jeana Sohn via tumblr

11 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that's what heaven smells like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am-breathtaking! Love the look of lavender paired with grey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost smell the heavenly scent of lavender from this post! Beautiful images! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is MOTH's favourite colour Virginia. Though I'd better quickly add he loves it on me not on him!
    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooooh Yummy Yummy!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say I´m not a big fan of purple but this post almost made me change my mind about it:). I love lavendel though and I can almost feel their lovely scent through my computer screen reading your post!
    Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a welcoming sight when all I see out my window is endless snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lavender starts with the same sound as lavish for a reason! Ahhhh :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you find that beautiful luggage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bridgett. I imagine they don't still have it - but it was part of the Jasper Conran range for Tripp Luggage. Hope you can sill find it! You would be amazed how many emails I have received about these suitcases!

      Delete
  10. Love Lavandula! It's absolutely glorious in summer, when the roses and lavender are in full bloom.

    I, too, am off to look for this luggage. Did you ever see Jasper Conran's London apartment? It was incredible.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...