Jan 11, 2011

Bar carts & trolleys are so gorgeous!

So in love with the idea
of bar carts.
I mean, how elegant is it
to have an item of furniture 
TOTALLY devoted to the
cocktail hour?


And what better time than summer
{or almost spring ~ if you are in winter climes}
to savour an elegant cocktail from your 
elegant bar cart?
Especially if you can find 
a delectable cocktail waiter like this one!

My favourite cocktail recipe?
At the moment,
it's a pink lady....

2 msrs gin
1 msr Cointreau
juice of a lime
few dashes Grenadine (for rosy colour)
dash of egg white

Shake all together and pour into a chilled martini glass.

Images 1: Boyac; 2, 3 & 4: Empiric Studio; 5: vintage laundress; 6: Blue Fruit's bar cart - found at the side of the road and lovingly painted in charcoal black; 7 & 9: House Beautiful; 8: Victoria Webster's home via Maison & Demeure; 10: Donna Hay magazine

7 comments:

  1. So very elegant indeed!!! I love the idea of a bar trolley Virginia. I acquired some lovely decanters before Christmas and we built up quite a collection of bottles over the festive season so it would be lovely to display them like this. Now all that's needed is to perfect a signature recipe (oh and find a waiter like the one above!) Roll on cocktail hour!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it about bar carts exactly - I love them too! I think it's partly because they harken to an age of civility and elegance. Love all of these and the fabulous white bar - divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! We have a bar in the living room, and I LOVE the way it looks! I have a framed print of Jackie Kennedy above it, and I call it the Jackie Kennedy Memorial Bar Cart! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I toast to that! Grinning ear to ear. I'd like to take a ride on that cart if you don't mind :D XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! Thanks for your nice comment the other day :)
    I wish you a wonderful New Year!
    Federica
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying for a chic bar cart!! These are great picks, and I definitely feel like I need one for summer entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the eclectic collection of the bar carts in this post. I've always admired them, but never purchased one! I must remedy that when i move into our new house:-). A pink lady sounds delish too. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Also, thanks for your wonderful comments about the house:-)

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...