Dec 5, 2010

Tra-la-la, Off to the Sea we go....

In a perfectly delicious 
part of the world,
tucked next to the sea,
{at Portsea, near Melbourne}
there is a most amazing house for sale. 
Does this tickle your fancy
for a Christmas present?
Ilyuka, meaning "by the sea"
was built in the sophisticated 1920s.
Ahh, the casual elegance...

       You could watch the 
ships and yachts sail past, 
perhaps while sipping a G & T?
Or you could pop into your 
very own Beach Box,
at the bottom of the garden. 
With golden days of summer 
just around the corner in Australia, 
this is a perfectly magical spot. 
Would you like to live here?

Image credits and agent details: kay and burton

5 comments:

  1. OMG what a house...it's a dream place!

    Happy December, cheers: Evi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very mischievious need to walk through here in a pair of very sandy flip flops! MOTH loves the Pennisula, but I think the Portsea set would be most upset to have us & the 5 hoony, noisy sons as neighbours!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those outdoor spaces are perfect, what a house.
    I agree, it's a dream place.
    Hugs from Brasil.
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i'd love to go to this tropical paradise to escape this cold weather! Take me away...XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lucky enough to spend my childhood here. The Matears (who owned Ilyuka from 1949) were close family friends and my grandparents lived there for years. All five of us noisy brats played there and I have nothing but fabulous memories, I absolutely love the place. I live in the Northern Territory now, and have a huge photo of the house and another one of the pier hanging in my home.
    Cheers, Sue Flynn (nee Grant)

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Thank you for leaving me a comment!

Just a quick note: this is about a conversation - it's not a place to advertise. So please do not include self-promotion as your comment will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...